Christmas is Here: List of Holiday Essentials to Have in the Meds Cabinet
May this season fill you with joy and health
So, you’ve already prepared a fancy dress for a party, planned and arranged the celebration, and decided whit you would like to buy as presents for your nearest and dearest. There’s one thing you might have forgotten. Have a look into your medicine cabinet. Do you have everything you need in it for emergency cases? Do you know what you need to stay on the safe side while enjoying the long celebration? We’ll help you out.
Protect Everyone in Your Household
During the holiday season, you regularly meet your friends and family members and spend long days, evenings, and nights together. Colorful boxes with enjoyable stuff inside are not the single things they can bring you for Christmas. Involuntarily, we have to get in touch with the unsterile surfaces in public transport. We contact people who don’t have the slightest idea about being infectious. Besides, improperly cooked foods and stale ingredients in meals combined with alcohol may lead to disgusting circumstances and conditions. Anyone in your household might experience:
- Sore throat;
- Voice loss because of a swollen throat;
- Stuffed or running nose;
- Allergic reactions to foods and beauty products;
- Indigestions and vomiting;
- Asthma and other problems connected with breathing.
Essential Drugs to Keep in the Medicine Cabinet on Christmas Holidays
No matter how hard your condition is, you should take prompt measures before you manage to get to your doctor. Local pharmacists and online pharmacy pros do know more about the ingredients of all medications. They will save your time and money, offering bulk purchases, seasonal promotions, and beneficial offers. Your Christmas emergency supply should contain:
- Ibuprofen, paracetamol, Aspirin, or any other legitimate painkiller;
- Remedies fighting the symptoms of flu and cold;
- Stomach pills that will help you stop diarrhea or constipation;
- Rehydration salts in oral form to help your body restore the healthy amount of fluids;
- Remedies improving indigestion;
- Bandages, sterile-strips, plasters, and thermometers.
If you suffer from chronic conditions, make sure you stock up for your regular prescription remedies not to run out of them before you proceed with the celebration.
Best Hangover Remedies 2019
If you didn’t manage to resist the last glass of champagne on a festive Christmas night and you feel like your head is splitting. You don’t understand whether you’re hungry, thirsty, nauseous, or dead. How to make your body stop telling you’ve been an idiot? Stick to the following strategies:
- Stay hydrated. Make sure you drink enough non-alcoholic liquid. Try to make yourself a portion of herbal tea with lemon.
- You should eat even if you feel nauseous. The food will make your digestive system work properly.
- You should sleep as much as it is possible the day after the party.
Don’t forget to stuff your medicine cabinet with the following meds and supplements:
Aspirin + Caffeine
A combination of these ingredients helps your body decrease the number of substances in your blood that promote inflammations and fevers. Caffeine will relieve the pain. Combined with Aspirin, it entirely deals with headaches, pains in the muscles, arthritis, and fevers. This medicine is also useful for angina, heart strokes, and heart attacks.
Make sure you consult your doctor about the potentially dangerous after-effects of the med. You may have individual intolerance of Aspirin and Caffeine, which can be identified via individual laboratory analyses. Besides, Aspirin can be very dangerous for kids causing Reye’s syndrome.
Alka-Seltzer Wake-Up Call
The main ingredients in the base are Caffeine and Aspirin. Depending on the manufacturer, the medicine may be called Anacin, Cope, Bayer Back & Body, Alka-Seltzer Morning Relief, etc. The effect is almost the same as from the drug described above. Nevertheless, additional components in the structure can make the remedy more efficient individually. Make sure you don’t suffer from the following conditions to stay away from the unwanted side effects:
- Heart diseases;
- Blood pressure conditions;
- Repetitive allergic reactions;
The same remedy, containing Caffeine and Aspirin as main ingredients. Though this drug can treat flu and cold symptoms, make sure you don’t give it to your kids without preliminary consultation with a pediatrician.
TOP 7 Pills To Have in Your Medicine Cabinet this Christmas
- Imodium or Pepto-Bismol to fight stomach problems, diarrhea, and indigestion. Make sure you have this med not only in your medicine cabinet but in your bag when you travel as well.
- Pepcid. It will help you beat such an unpleasant thing as heartburn. It often happens when you consume an excessive amount of fatty or simply non-habitual foods.
- Zyrtec or Claritin. These over-the-counter meds will save you from unwanted allergic reactions, stuffiness in the nose, sneezing and swollen, itchy eyes caused by foods and chemicals.
- Sudafed, Sinex, or any other anti-congestion remedy will save you from stuffiness in the nose caused either by allergies or a regular cold.
- Dulcolax. There’s no need to explain that overeating often results in horrific constipation. These pills will give you gentle relief.
- Advil and Tylenol will save you from fevers, pains in the muscles, and headaches. Be careful when giving it to your kids.
- ZzzQuil (diphenhydramine). It will help you sleep no matter what’s going on around you. You’ll be fresh and cheerful in the morning. Save the pills for someone who’s coming to you from another country and suffers from jetlag.
Whom Should I Call in Case of Emergency?
If the case does not seem critical, remember that you can always get in touch with an online pharmacist to find out more about the temporary measures you can take while waiting for the possibility to meet your medical practitioner.
If it’s clear you need urgent medical help (severe chest pain, choking, unstoppable bleeding, changes in mental behavior, coughing with blood, vomiting with blood), try the following:
- Call 911 and describe what’s going on with you or with one of your relatives and friends;
- Stay calm and straightforward while describing the situation;
- Follow the instructions;
- Wait until the emergency team arrives.
Using Mypharmacypro.com entails exposure to textual content that reflects generic data and guidelines to the use of medications. There are also materials dedicated to healthcare, prevention, health conditions and other such. None of these are intended as a substitute to having your health condition attended to at the doctor’s office and receiving individually dispersed instructions as for the application of treatments. Seek medical advice in order to get your therapy appointed and receive individual instructions on how to use pharmaceutical products in your particular case. Our company has no contractual obligations to endorse or promote any products or services. Names of products and companies referred to on this website are subject to copyright of their respective owners.