Make sure you take proper care of yourself
Childhood is a crucial time for any human being. If you’re a caring parent, you should make sure your kid does not suffer from anything that seems insignificant from the first sight. The best treatment ever available is prevention. If you manage to avoid developmental problems together with your kids, you will bring up wholesome, healthier personalities. Your children will be grateful.
Children’s Health & Proper Nutrition
Properly arranged eating habits will not only let you stay lean but also boost up your energy levels. Every child needs to stick to the right foods and never forget about being active. The activity should be sufficient to burn the excessive calories after compulsive overeating on parties and festive family dinners.
Make sure your kid has balanced energy levels and:
- Pick out the foods with the lowest consumption of fat;
- Be a smart buyer while choosing the products in the store — take your time to learn the information presented in the Nutrition Facts Label;
- Search the net for the following three types of foods: WHOA, SLOW, and GO products.
Choose your healthy eating plan
If you have spare money, get in touch with a dietician or any nutrition specialist. He will be able to pick out the most appropriate eating plan for your family and you based on the current health indicators. Healthy eating plans and guidelines are also available at the USDA website.
Stick to simple recipes
The most natural recipes are the lowest in calories while preserving the vitamins and microelements. You’ll have to get used skim and fat-free products prepared with significant amounts of oil and butter. When your body gets used to the new products, you’ll be amazed at how tasty healthy foods can be.
Eating less does not mean feeling hungry. You’ll have to cut on your regular portions and eat them more often — every three or four hours.
Regardless of gender and age, you should count calories. They come from both healthy and unhealthy products, but all of them count. Search the net for the number of calories you should consume daily. This amount depends on several factors:
- Weight and height;
- Current weight problems.
Vaccination: Protect Your Child from the Diseases
Your kid should be vaccinated following the healthcare governmental legislation. One of the essential vaccines now is Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type b) vaccine. It is recommended for the kids up to five years old. If your child catches it, no matter how hard you try to cure the illness, there are high risks of the complications’ development. Nevertheless, this is not the only obligatory vaccine.
- Never underestimate the power of vaccination. It’s a highly efficient and simple process able to save your family members from the majority of diseases existing presently.
- When you vaccinate your children following the schedule, you’ll save them from a lot of trouble in adulthood. While your kids are still kids, they have more chances to build immunity against many diseases.
- All vaccines provided by the government were tested on people of all ages. They are super safe if you have no significant problems proved by the results of a relevant medical check-up. Personal intolerance is a very uncommon thing that can happen.
VFC provides all eligible kids with vaccines free of charge. Even if you’re an adult, VFC is ready to provide you with medical services and vaccines a lot cheaper than you can find anywhere. It’s a governmental institution caring about the well-being of the American community.
Health Education for Families
NHLBI deals with the establishment of special education and awareness programs destined to expand the knowledge of the average Americans about the causes and consequences of:
- Heart problems;
- Sleep disorders;
- Blood pressure chronic condition.
The aim is to educate families and equip them with scientifically proved knowledge that can save a life in an emergency situation. They urge their “students” to:
- Learn the theory about diseases and preventive measures;
- Use the theory on practice;
- Share the knowledge with the other members of the American community;
- Change their way of life and develop healthy eating habits.
Back to School
When summer comes to an end, it’s time to consider many issues, and they are not only about psychological and emotional involvement. Have you ever heard about the “Parents for Healthy Schools” project? It is a governmental project joining schools, parents, pupils, and state school organizations to make the educational environment of your children healthy. A healthy environment implies:
- More enjoyable and profitable physical activity;
- Increased opportunities for healthy eating in the school canteens and cafeterias;
- Additional services facilitating the educational process for kids with chronic diseases (asthma, allergies, diabetes).
Unfortunately, governmental educational institutions do not always manage to provide your kids with a sufficient amount of calories coming from healthy products. The organized physical activity leaves much to be desired. The control of behavior and psychological development are not enough. It results in many behavioral and health problems in kids up to eight years old.
Tooth Decay Means Spoilt Childhood & Adulthood
One of the most ignored problems among children in the United States is tooth decay. Cavities result in unwanted health conditions, oral issues, and inflammations. Unfortunately, most parents don’t pay attention to the growth of their kids’ teeth. It often happens because of their parents’ ignorance. If your children don’t have regular medical check-ups at the dentist’s, they risk:
- Inflammations and further infection in the ears, nose, and throat;
- Incurable teeth conditions in adulthood caused by the decay ignored in childhood. They are gum and periodontal diseases.
A dentist should control your kid’s dental health regularly. A dental plan will also come in handy.
Bottom Line: Protect Your Children’s Health
|· Make sure you’re professionally informed — never neglect an experienced physician’s consultation;
· Please, stay strong whatever happens — your professional and household responsibilities should be carried out so that your kid gets better faster;
· Talk to your kid about his/her condition — your child has the right to be informed about the things going on in his/her body;
· Show your emotional weakness to your friends and family — there’s nothing wrong in being emotionally unstable when you get through hardships;
· Family is important. When a kid is diagnosed with a severe condition, all of you should stand straight, holding each other’s hands together.
|· Don’t google for anything in case of emergency;
· Don’t ignore anyone’s help because of your pride — you’ll be able to compensate for your debt later;
· Don’t share anything that might seem too disturbing or uncomfortable — make sure your talks are calm, thoughtful, and soothing;
· Don’t exaggerate the existing problems — make sure you’re sensible and thoughtful so that your nearest and dearest don’t feel regret for you;
· Don’t forget about your personal needs and feelings — eat regularly, sleep as much as the time permits, find a simple hobby to make your mind feel a little bit distracted.
When a child is supported with regular governmental healthcare services, combined with the thoughtful care and attention of his/her parents, chances for the recovery or remission are always near.